The Best Latex Paint Sprayers are, without a doubt, a must-have item if you want to have a quick, smooth, and beautiful cover on your walls, furniture, or any of the painting projects.
They are time-saving, fast-drying, and, most importantly, non-toxic, which means they will do almost no harm to you and the environment.
There are a wide range of latex paint sprayers out there, leaving consumers hesitant about deciding which one is the best for us. Since you are here, why don’t you check out our article of some promising picks with pros and cons best latex paint sprayers ?
So, let’s start!
Advantages And Disadvantages Of best latex paint sprayers
Advantages Of best latex paint sprayers
Latex paint provides you the power to enhance your home without harming the environment. From noxious fumes, to carcinogens and more, ordinary paint is dangerous for both the planet and our health.
Latex paint gives you a non-toxic alternative that is easy on you and your family’s respiratory system and does not pollute or contribute to global warming, ozone depletion or damage to our planet’s natural resources.
Another advantage of using latex paints over other kinds is that it’s 100% recyclable . You can create high grade paper products from used latex instead of sending it off with all those nasty waste chemicals into landfills where they will eventually leak back into water sources, poisoning the ecosystem.
3. No strong odors
Another great benefit of using latex paints is that it has a mild smell as compared to other types of paint (especially oil-based ones). You’ll find no need in wearing a mask when you’re painting if you’re using latex paints, and your whole house won’t reek upon completion of the task.
Disadvantages Of best paint sprayers for latex paint
Latex paints are more expensive than other types of paint. You’ll get better value for your money if you buy at least a gallon, otherwise, you’ll have to keep buying small containers over and over again, which is an added cost that can really add up over time.
They’re also about twice as much as enamel paint or acrylic paint…although it’s true that the quality and effectiveness is much greater with latex paints.
2. Can’t paint over latex paint
Once you’ve completed painting with latex, you can’t repaint right away (not without sanding it first anyway). Latex paints are designed to dry very quickly as compared to other kinds of paints.
You might be able to apply another coat 24 hours after the first if you’re doing a small job or using only one color, but for large jobs and multiple colors, there’s no way around waiting at least a week or so before starting again.
If you try to put on even a second coat of latex paint before it has dried completely, it will peel off, which is not only annoying but costly as well.
Top 10 Best Sprayer For Staining A Fence And Buying Guide 2021
- Top 10 Best Airless Paint Sprayer Reviews in 2021
Top 10 Best Latex Paint Sprayers
1. Graco Magnum 262805: Best latex paint sprayers for a wide range of coatings
This Graco Magnum spray gun for latex paint is an ideal choice for big DIY projects. You will have entire control over the paint flow. The Piston Pump delivers high pressure to each unthinned layer.
This latex paint gun comes with the PowerFlush Adapter, which connects to your garden hose. Now, the cleanup process will no longer be a nightmare. It can also support a paint hose of up to 100 feet long, so you can spray the second or third floor of your house without any difficulty.
It offers the continuous experience of spraying thanks to RAC IV SwitchTip. This feature is useful as you can reverse the tip anytime it gets clogged. More importantly, it is compatible with different types of latex. It is truly a powerful latex paint sprayer and deserved to be the number one choice for users.
- Lightweight and portable
- Entire control of paint flow
- Unthinned spray layer at high pressure
- Direct paint from bucket
- Easy and fast to clean
- Not many diverse options as other models
2. HomeRight C800766, C900076: Best hvlp spray gun
HomeRight C800766, C900076
Don’t quickly judge the HomeRight C800766 HVLP latex sprayer for its small and compact design. Only weighs approximately 2.76 pounds with only 5.00 x 9.00 x 12.50 inches dimension, it packs an array of helpful functionalities.
The most premier feature we have to mention is the easy and adjustable settings. You can adjust two kinds of spraying for your purpose.
For example, when you want to spray latex paint a thin area or objects, you can choose a vertical pattern, while a horizontal pattern will help you deal with larger areas. In other cases, when you want full coverage for some small objects, no pattern is more effective than a circular one.
Another plus point is its versatility; this latex sprayer accepts various types of paints. You just need to spray a layer and expect a perfect coat for your DIY paint projects.
Moreover, it is easy to operate and also easy to clean up. There is a cleaning brush included in the package, making the cleaning process even simpler.
- Lightweight and compact
- Easy and adjustable settings for different uses
- Compatible with various paints
- Easy to set up and clean up
- High quality
- Durable and long-lasting
- Short power cord
- Lack of additional attachments
3. Graco Magnum 262800: Best hvlp paint sprayer for latex paint
Graco Magnum 262800 paint sprayer model
The graco paint sprayer Magnum 262800 is highly appreciated as one of the paint sprayers. If you have a chance to use it once, you will know the reason. It comes with a durable and compact frame for easy storage and a handle for easy transportation.
With the light duty-contractor, even a beginner can manage the painting process within minutes. Just try to practice with some scrap cardboard or a piece of wood, and you can quickly get the hang of it.
As Graco Magnum 262805, this best latex paint sprayers the piston pump to create unthinned layers at high pressure. Its suction tube allows you to pump directly from 1 or 5-gallon paint containers without having to fill up the paint cup like ordinary paint sprayers.
Besides, you can easily control the pressure, thanks to the knobs next to the intake tube. The maximum output is 3000 PSI, and the setting ranges from “high spray” to “low spray.”
- Durable frame and compact size
- Easy to set up
- Easy to clean up
- Unthinned spray layer at high pressure
- Flexible suction tube
- Get clogged when using thick materials
- Used for small and medium projects only
4. Wagner Spraytech 0518080: Best latex paint sprayers user-friendly tool
Wagner Spraytech 0518080
If you are looking for a latex paint sprayer for small to medium projects, this Wagner Spraytech 0518080 can live up to your expectation. It is a completely user-friendly tool with a simple setup and clear direction.
Besides latex paint, you can use it with stains, oil-based paint, or sealers. It weighs approximately 10 pounds, mainly from the motor. That is why this motor has an amazingly stationary base.
To add more convenience to users and reduce the weight issue, the manufacturer incorporates a super-lengthy hose into the mix. So with the 20-foot flexible hose, moving the unit will no longer be a problem.
Also, its Lock N Go system will save you from the exhausting and time-consuming cleanup. This paint sprayer offers three different patterns, including adjustable flow, vertical (or diagonal), and horizontal. To switch the options, just align its versatile nozzle to a suitable position.
- Durable metal frame
- 20-foot flexible hose
- Stationary base
- Slightly heavy
- Not as effective as other tools
5. NEU MASTER N3140 Electric Paint Spray Gun: Best latex paint sprayers for the money
NEU MASTER Electric Paint Spray Gun
The NEU MASTER spray gun is a superior paint gun that can deal with numerous projects thanks to its materials’ versatility. No matter how troublesome and complicated the projects are, this affordable electric paint sprayer will give an absolutely optimal finish.
It is built with powerful motors and turbofans, supporting smooth painting results. The high-power engine spread even paint layers at a proper pressure level. Moreover, the gun body and the motor are separated, making this latex paint gun much lighter than a normal handheld one.
You can choose between its three different patterns: circular, horizontal, and vertical, with two adjustable nozzle sizes (2.5 mm/3.0 mm) to suit every type of project.
Most importantly, its user-friendly design offers you the most efficient painting experience, even if you are just a beginner.
- High power for superior finish
- Three patterns and adjustable flow control for every project
- User-friendly design
- Easy to use
- Easy to wash
- Only two sizes of nozzles provided
6. Critter Spray Products 22032: Best latex paint sprayers easy to clean
Critter Spray Products 22032
The Critter Spray 22032 is powerful enough to deal with any small to medium DIY painting project. This latex paint spray gun’s highlight point is a 16-ounce mason jar, matching well with the compressor.
This mason jar glass will change colors every time you store different materials. What’s more? You can choose the jar’s size freely as long as it can fit the connection tube.
The next time when you buy another extra jar from the store, this Critter latex spray gun only requires small adjustments to swap. It is not only easy to set up but also easy to clean.
Because the only thing passing through the gun is air, all you need to do is to keep your liquid tube as well as the nozzle clean. That is why it is perfect for anyone, from beginners to professionals, from hobbyists to experienced interior decorators.
- 16-ounce glass mason jars filled with stains, lacquers, paints, and so much more
- Easy to operate
- Easy to clean up
- Fits many containers
- Comes with siphon gun, tube, jar gaskets, and instructions
- Not offers many settings
- Additional air compressor needed
7. Wagner Spraytech 0529017: Best latex paint sprayers for painting broad surfaces
Wagner Spraytech 0529017
This Wagner Spraytech 0529017 is the best HVLP spray gun for latex paint for finishing broad surfaces. Thanks to its appropriate and adjustable settings, it is a great choice for various projects – interior walls, exterior decks, and more.
Although it only costs you a moderate price, it offers plenty of amazing features. This spray gun is supposed to effortlessly complete wall painting seven times faster than using traditional tools, such as brushes and rollers.
It also comes with a super versatile, durable, and long-lasting nozzle to spray numerous projects. Besides, painting walls and surfaces with thinned layers is no longer a difficult task with its turbine.
You can flexibly choose between the narrow, horizontal, wide, or vertical spray patterns, working well with most projects.
- Super-versatile nozzle
- Two-stage turbines for multi-purpose
- Adjustable settings
- Thoughtful design with 20-foot hose
- Easy to use
- Not suitable for big projects
8. Wagner Spraytech 0529010 FLEXiO 590: Best handheld hvlp paint
Wagner Spraytech 0529010 FLEXiO 590
Appreciated as one of the best latex paint sprayers, this Wagner Spraytech 0529010 can make any large project easier without costing you as much as some professional sprayers.
It feature systems X-Boost Turbine, which assists you in controlling its speed and pressure for unthinned exterior and interior stains and paints. Also, with ten different settings, all larger projects can complete faster, while the smaller ones will be extremely professional.
There are two nozzles included in this sprayer, including the iSpray Nozzle and the Detail Finish Nozzle. The iSpray nozzle is perfect for large projects. As long as you still maintain a firm and steady handle, all large projects will be done within a couple of minutes.
Meanwhile, the Detail Finish Nozzle is smaller, more traditional, and suitable for smaller painting tasks. With low pressure, you will get a more refined and thicker coat of paint.
- Ideal for various projects, from the large to smaller
- Two nozzles included
- Spray unthinned paints and materials
- Variable ten settings
- Hard to open the cup sometimes
- Overspray problems
9. Goplus Airless Paint Sprayer: Best latex paint sprayers premium machine for efficient painting
Goplus Airless Paint Sprayer
Compared to ordinary paint tools, this Goplus Airless Paint Sprayer is an ultimate machine technology that helps finish your work better, faster, and more efficiently with a 3000 PSI piston pump.
It is a wise investment for your long-term use thanks to its compact design but still have multiple functions and engines. It will never disappoint you no matter how big and difficult your projects are.
Always keep customers’ convenience in mind, Goplus designed this tool with an easy-to-clean function. Just run cleaning water or solvent through it until all stain or paint gets removed completely.
This best latex paint sprayers has a lightweight design, enabling you to move it easily on a regular basis. If you are seeking a tool for your weekend projects, why don’t you go for this Goplus latex paint sprayer?
Besides small weekend projects, it can also tackle the biggest painting problems, thanks to its multi-functional settings. Decks, doors, exterior walls, ceilings, frames, etc.; this machine can get everything done in the blink of an eye.
You can control the output pressure and the paint flow for smooth and beautiful outcomes, depending on your needs. It is useful, yet easy to operate because no extra professional items are needed. Read the instructions carefully and you can get your project started.
- Efficient airless paint sprayer
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use and assemble
- Highly portable
- Fully adjustable paint flow and output pressure
- No carrying bag included
10. Titan ControlMax 1700 Pro 580006 with Cart: Best latex paint sprayers for unique design
Titan ControlMax 1700 Pro 580006 with Cart
In general compared, there is no doubt that Titan ControlMax 1700 Pro 580006 is the best airless latex paint sprayer to own. More than a normal paint sprayer, it has a super unique design with a cart and two big wheels, making it absolutely portable.
It is an airless paint sprayer, meaning it operates four times quicker than other options. Much faster, yet still extremely professional with even coats of paint.
When it comes to this item, its capacity is the utmost plus point, including the storage capacity, pressure, and covering capacity. Its maximum pressure reaches up to 1500 PSI, more than enough power to spray any surface and object.
Moreover, if you still think its spraying capacity of 300 gallons/year is not enough, the simple replaceable fluid section is what you need. Besides, it includes various speed settings for different tasks and a 50-foot hose that can be extended up to 100 feet when necessary.
- Highly portable with wheels
- Impressive spraying capacity
- Big storage capacity and replaceable fluid section
- Almost no overspray problems
- Various speed settings
- Requires time to practice
How to Choose A Good Best Latex Paint Sprayers [Buying Guide]
1. Sprayer Type
The best latex paint sprayers are divided into compressed air paint sprayers, airless paint sprayers and HVLP paint sprayer.
Among the three, the airless paint sprayers are the most common. Some modern versions of this type can spray unthinned latex, while the other two require the latex to be thinned beforehand.
Many users prefer sprayers hvlp paint because they are easier to clean after use. So, if you intend to buy a paint sprayer, we can recommend the airless and HVLP ones.
2. Adjustable settings
Adjustable settings will directly affect the sprayers’ speeds, patterns, and thicknesses. When you can easily and quickly adjust the setting, you can use the paint sprayers for different uses and purposes.
3. Size and weight
The spray size is one of the most vital considerations as most sprayers on the current market are handheld. Thus, we believe you might prefer a sprayer that is slightly portable and lightweight for either indoor or outdoor use.
However, if you have to tackle large DIY painting projects, bigger models with more powerful motors are better options.
Another necessary feature to pay attention to is the best paint sprayer for latex paint capacity or the amount of paints it can hold at a time. When you use a latex paint sprayer with a small capacity, you have to refill more often.
On the other hand, the one with a bigger capacity also means a heavier unit. So, think hard about what you need; it is completely up to you.
5. Extra accessories
A latex paint sprayer often comes with different accessories. Some popular products are wand, hose, spray tip, and filter. The wand helps spray objects and surfaces either higher or lower with more comfort and ease.
Like the wand, the hose also allows you to reach the objects you want to spray more easily. The longer the hose is, the more comfortable you are. So, with the help of the wand and the hose, you can extend the latex spray guns scale to a new level.
In terms of the spray tip, there are various sizes. You can decide which one is the most suitable depending on personal preferences, spray patterns, and so on.
If you ever worked with the latex spray guns, you may witness it got clogged. That will happen rather regularly, especially when you are a beginner and do not thin the latex. That is why you need an ultimate filter that reduces the interruptions during the spraying process.
How Do Best Latex Paint Sprayers Work?
The best spray gun for latex paint work by atomizing the liquid latex into droplets. The droplets are then propelled at high speed to create an even coat of paint over your surface. There are two types: manual and electric.
Manual paint sprayers require you to manually push the air for it to operate, while with electric models, all you need is a power source and some compressed air which will trigger the gun to start working automatically.
The most significant difference between these two types is that the manual model can only hold less than one quart of latex per container. Still, electric ones have no limitations on how much they can store as long as there’s enough room in your attic or garage!
Both options come with their advantages and disadvantages. Although manual sprayers are cheaper than electric ones, they can only load small containers and require moving the gun around as you paint.
The loading process is also more tedious since you’ll need to unscrew lids off cans and carefully pour the liquid latex into the container using a funnel or a graduated cylinder.
On the other hand, electric models are easier to use because it feels like holding on to an actual spray paint can! Also, with some brands, all you have to do is plug in your compressor and connect its hose directly to the paint gun instead of having a separate storage container for your paints.
In addition, many electric models come with multiple pressure adjustments depending on your project’s needs, such as priming bare wood before painting or applying a layer of primer over your existing paint.
The benefit of using the best latex paint sprayers are that you’ll be able to finish the job faster. It’s also easier on the environment since you don’t have to consume energy to mix and transport gallons and gallons of latex paints from store locations down to your home.
You can also achieve better results when it comes to painting detailed pieces by making a more precise coat-by-coat application instead of using a roller or brush.
However, if you’re looking for smooth surface results, then rollers are still the most efficient option out there in terms of time and effort.
What are the best latex paint sprayers ?
Airless Paint Sprayers
Airless paint sprayers use negative pressure to push the paint out through a nozzle which creates fine mist.
The air compressor that produces the negative pressure is also capable of pressurizing the paint containers or tanks .
These sprayers are ideal for spraying latex and other water-based paints in residential and commercial applications.
HVLP sprayers work by producing a very fine mist. The paint comes out of the sprayer nozzle at low pressure, and becomes airborne as a result of its extremely fine particle size.
These sprayers are ideal for spraying latex paints with excellent results, but they cannot be used with thick materials such as oil-based paints.
Handheld sprayers are the most common type of paint sprayer. These also use negative pressure to push paint through a nozzle, but since they are hand-powered , they produce heavier paints at low pressure.
The downside of handheld sprayers is that it makes them more difficult to control and requires you to use more physical effort.
What Are The Different Types of HVLP Spray Guns For Latex Paint?
HVLP Spray Guns (Single — Action) Handheld HVLP spray guns are specifically made for latex paints.
The benefits of this type include; having a small, handy design that makes it possible to reach difficult areas, smartly designed triggers and an air cap/needle combination that allows paint to be sprayed in varied patterns and angles.
Handheld HVLP spray guns are hassle-free and generally easy to operate, plus they make painting more fun. The fact that the paint can be sprayed in fine mist or “flood” makes it possible for the painter to have a lot of control over the finished product.
Because they do not use compress air, these spray guns are quite lightweight. Handheld HVLP spray guns come with a small cup which is usually easier to load than bigger ones found on conventional air sprayers.
HVLP Spray Guns (Single — Action) Stationary or single action HVLP spray guns are usually used for industrial and commercial projects. They tend to have the capabilities of conventional air sprayers but they use much less airflow.
Stationary HVLP spray guns come with larger cups and are usually not as easily portable. They can however be attached to a flexible hose for more flexibility.
Unlike traditional paint sprayers, most handheld HVLP spray guns use latex paint cups that are usually made from polypropylene or polyethylene as well as clear plastic domes.
Besides being cheap and lightweight, these types of cups also have a very small opening which makes it possible for all the trapped air to be flushed out before loading the gun with paint.
is what is used to make the body of a conventional air sprayer. Because metal can be sturdy and come with easy-to-operate triggers, these types of spray guns tend to be preferred by contractors and painters who do a lot of high volume painting.
FAQ About Best Latex Paint Sprayers
1. Can latex paint work with different types of paint sprayer?
Definitely yes. Airless sprayers, compressed air sprayers, and high volume low pressure (HVLP) sprayers are specifically designed for latex paint sprayers.
A compressed air sprayer is the cheapest, so its quality might be one of your concerns. While airless sprayers are better for outdoor spraying, HVLP ones are a perfect option for indoor work.
2. How long does a latex paint coat take to dry?
As you may know, latex paint sprayers give you a really thin coat, but it still takes up to one hour to dry. If you want to apply another coat, be patient, and wait for at least four hours.
In general, it will take a couple of weeks for the layers to completely dry and well set to have a nice finish at the end.
3. Do I need thin latex paint to use with a paint sprayer?
Yes. Despite being a water-based paint, latex paint is still thicker than standard oil-based paint. Therefore, if you want to have a thin mist of paint spray, it’s important to purchase thin latex paint or thin it before use.
4. My latex paint gets watery. Can I still use it with the best latex paint sprayers?
It is a common problem that your paint, especially latex one, gets watery after a while. The longer it stays, the higher the chance it will turn watery.
That’s because, with time, some solid components in the paint sink at the bottom while liquid ones are lighter and float above. As it is normal, you can still use it with a sprayer. All you need to do is to thoroughly shake or stir for it to return to the original consistency.
5. What should I do for the first time best latex paint sprayers?
Spraying paint might not be as easy as it seems, but here are some people points for a better preparation. Remember to thoroughly clean the surface that will be sprayed paint and let it dry.
Also, try to cover the surrounding areas with cloth or tape to protect them from any paint overspray or splashes. Don’t forget to put on a mask, goggles, and old clothes to protect yourself, too.
How to Use Your Best latex paint sprayers in 11 Steps
- Read the manual that came with your paint sprayer and take time to understand how all of its parts work together. Also, learn about safety precautions so that you can avoid making mistakes while you are using them.
- Wear protective gear when spraying any product onto yourself or others, including goggles and a respirator mask, latex gloves, long sleeve shirt, pants made from natural fibers such as cotton or denim, and leather shoes.
- Thoroughly stir your mixture before you get ready to use it inside your sprayer to get rid of air bubbles which will ruin the consistency of your end product if they occur during application – especially when spraying latex paint on exterior wood surfaces for protection against weathering.
- Make sure that you have the correct ratio of paint to water in your mixture if you are using a unique recipe for staining or sealing the wood, applying waterproofing products such as wood sealers and coatings or if you want to achieve precise results by spraying specific colors onto certain surfaces. For example, natural latex requires about 1:1 parts paint and water when used inside your sprayer, while synthetic latex will require about a 1 part paint and three parts water ratio when it is being sprayed. If you do not follow these ratios strictly, serious problems will occur, including clogging, which can ruin your sprayer completely.
- Be cautious when mixing stains and paints because they contain flammable chemicals. They could also make you sick if they become airborne during spraying.
- Spray your mixture onto the surface that you want to paint inside a protected environment such as a garage or an area that is not windy because the paint can fly all over the place and cover everything in its path, including cars lawn furniture, and other objects. Do not spray outdoors if it is raining or too humid otherwise;, water will transfer from your wood to those other surfaces and cause discoloration instead of giving them enhanced coloration. If you do have to spray outdoors on those days, then be sure to use natural latex materials to avoid this problem.
- Once your material has been sprayed onto whatever object you are working with, gently wipe away any excess material accumulated onto the surface so that only a thin layer of material covers it.
- Always be careful about what you are spraying and where your sprayer is pointing when using it inside confined areas like cars because once you begin pouring, then there is no stopping until the process is complete – or else you might damage your car’s interior if you are not careful. You should also avoid spraying in places such as under chairs, near vents, or fans to prevent back spatter from occurring, which could reach other surfaces and create a mess that will take time to clean up. Also, please don’t use an electric heat gun outside while using an oxygen-powered paint sprayer indoors because they have similar parts and can cause serious accidents esulting in burns and fires.
- Use the right product to clean your paint sprayer after each use; otherwise, you will have problems like clogs occurring inside it, which are very difficult to remedy without the proper tools or cleaning materials. These tools are usually available at home improvement stores. Still, if they are not, then you should contact the manufacturer for advice on how to proceed instead of using a potentially dangerous method that could ruin your equipment entirely – or worse yet, cause an injury while you are working with it.
- Gather all supplies that you need before spraying so that nothing is forgotten during the painting process, including water, cleaning products, disposable rags, new filters, and any other components that might be necessary for your particular sprayer. Be sure to have extra paint and water on hand to substitute for material that you use to avoid running out of materials during an important project – or worse yet, wasting something due to an oversight.
- Be aware of the weather when working outside with your painting equipment because different types of paints will need time to dry before they can be handled; otherwise, a messy result could occur, which will be a chore to clean up afterward. Also, certain surfaces cannot be painted during wet conditions, such as asphalt or concrete, because it will cause staining and discoloration instead of providing uniform coverage over the object’s surface area. It is better to wait for these surfaces until they become dry again unless you want to clean them in the future.
Overall customer feedback about Best Latex Paint Sprayers
Every product we mentioned above received multiple positive reviews from users. However, among the ten prominent picks, most users prefer the Graco Magnum models, either Graco Magnum 262805 or Graco Magnum 262800, because of their durable frame, sturdy design, and high quality.
They are so user-friendly that even though you are new to paint sprayers or first-time users, you still can easily control them to have an unthinned spray of paint at high air pressure.
However, some reviews said cleaning the paint sprayer is more exhausting and time-consuming than other traditional types, such as brushes or rollers. And paint sprayers also require a bit of initial investment.
Final thoughts on best latex paint sprayers
No one can deny the vitality of the best latex paint sprayers in creating smooth, beautiful, and professional coats of paint for small, medium, to big painting projects.
We hope that with our informative latex paint sprayer reviews, you can have a more comprehensive understanding and finally, bring home one for yourself.