If you are looking for best airless paint sprayer, look no further! You are implementing tedious painting jobs and you’re tired of working with paint drips, paintbrushes, and uneven coverages.
Hence, it’s time for you to try airless paint sprayers that are simple to use and give you a helping hand in quickly completing your painting projects with a professional-like finish.
However, there are currently various airless paint sprayer models out there, so what is the best airless paint sprayer to purchase? What question may confuse a lot of use here, right? With that in mind, we’re here to provide you with the best airless paint sprayer reviews and buying guides that’ll come in your rescue.
Best Airless Paint Sprayer -Quick Comparison
Top 10 Best Latex Paint Sprayers for 2022- Reviews & Compared
Best Airless paint sprayer pros and cons
Before diving into our comprehensive reviews of top airless paint sprayers, it’s highly recommended that you should look through the pros and cons of airless paint sprayers.
Generally, like the high-pressure sprayers or high volume low-pressure sprayers, airless paint sprayers will help you finish your painting project with quick speed and exceptional comfort, and will be bowled over by how a smooth finish it gives to your stuff.
However, one of the drawbacks of airless paint sprayers is that a large percentage of paint is wasted when it ends up in the air and is not applied to the surface you want to paint.
Instead, it articles can drift and settle onto everything that is within their reach. Hence, you may have to spend a little time covering every object that you want to keep paint-free.
The best airless paint sprayer models in 2022
Below are the best rated airless paint sprayers that are highly reviewed by many customers and professional painters. For each product, we’ll provide you with a quick look at its key features and its pros and cons. Now let’s check them out!
Graco 257025 – Best spray gun
Graco is among the best famous producers and distributors of the best airless paint sprayer for home use. Hence, no wonder why the Graco Magnum 257025 Plus Paint Sprayer is in our recommendation list here. It sprayer model offers many essential features.
Graco Magnum 257025 Project Painter Plus Paint Sprayer runs on electricity. No hoses or compressors are required to operate this paint sprayer, making it easy to use and carry around. The Graco Magnum 257025 is lightweight at only 16 pounds, making it easy for almost anyone to move around the job site.
This handheld airless paint has a 1.5-quart fluid capacity which detaches for quick cleaning and can run up to 2 hours before needing a refill of paint.
An optional Graco mist collector kit attaches quickly without tools, allowing you to capture overspray inside an enclosed area while painting outside for less clean-up after stopping work for the day.
This Graco spray gun is designed with a “touch-and-spray” nozzle, allowing you to adjust the width of your paint pattern by simply touching the trigger.
The Graco Magnum 257025 uses standard 1/4″ or 3/8″ air hoses available anywhere tools and accessories are sold. Also, all Magnum Project Painter Plus Paint Sprayer parts are compatible with Graco’s universal quick couplers, meaning no more headaches when switching out sprayer guns for different size tips.
- Adjustable pressure feature for paint-flow control in painting works
- .24 gal/min performance and a steel piston pump of 2800 psi max pressure
- Built-in extra storage compartments for the extra power cord and spray tips
- Suction tube for direct spraying of a 1-to-5-gallon paint bucket
- Up 50 ft. paint hose for painting out of reach objects
Pros and cons
- Durable and low-profile design
- Fantastic result with unthinned coatings
- A reasonable price for its features
- Occasional irritating loud noise
- Easy to be faulty spray hose
In general, this Graco Magnum 257025 Plus Paint Sprayer is suitable for ordinary customers who don’t need to carry out challenging painting jobs and can afford only low-end products.
Graco 262800- Best airless sprayers
Graco Magnum 262800 X5 is regarded as the best airless paint sprayer when it comes to price. It’s a perfect alternative for other advanced Graco models such as Graco Magnum X7 since it still offers some critical features expected in the best cheap airless paint sprayers.
The Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer is a commercial grade paint sprayer, perfect for large and small jobs.
This paint sprayer runs off of standard household current, making it easy to use anywhere without the need for heavy air compressors, gas engine tanks, or expensive electrical outlets.
The Graco Magnum 262800 is a high-pressure spray machine that can cover up to 90 linear feet in a matter of minutes using an 18″ open airless design.
The Graco Magnum 262800 also comes with a Tilt-N-Spray gravity feed gun that allows you to tilt the machine back at an angle during operation for overhead painting while still being able to switch out paint cans without needing to stop spraying efficiently.
The Graco Magnum 262800 is perfect for large and small jobs alike and only weighs 19.73 pounds making it easy to transport and carry with you on the job site.
The Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer has a 1/2 gallon-sized paint cup that hooks into the sprayer without tools in just seconds. It also comes with an internal pump that offers an optimum performance by reducing strain on the motor, increasing efficiency, and durability.
This paint sprayer can run continuously without stopping because of its high-capacity pump, allowing you to get the job done faster than ever before.
All parts included with this Graco spray gun are compatible with Graco’s universal quick coupler system, meaning no more headache when switching out sprayer guns for different size tips.
- Lightweight and compact design made of metal and plastic materials
- An L-shaped handle for you to carry it with great comfort
- PushPrime feature and high compatibility with both Latex and acrylic-based paints
- 1/2 hp motor power source required for the Max Flow Rate of 0.27 GPM
- 75 ft. of paint hose for out of reach projects
Pros and cons
- Lower price among low-end models
- Stainless steel piston pump
- PushPrime and suction tube features
- More suitable for experienced painters
- Unable to spray texture-based materials
As one of the best Graco airless paint sprayer models, this Graco Magnum 262800 X5 is worth your money. However, we don’t recommend it to the beginner or the clumsy hands since it’s a bit difficult to maneuver.
HomeRight 2800 C800879
HomeRight has established a name for itself as one of the leading brands with the best electric paint sprayers for more than 20 years. This brand always offers versatile airless paint sprayer models with innovative and up-to-date features.
The HomeRight Power Flo Pro Airless Paint Sprayer uses a high-pressure turbine to atomize paint, distributing it evenly over the surface of your home project. It has a 2800 psi stainless steel piston pump and quick disconnect for fast setup and cleanup.
The best airless paint sprayer is very easy to operate and can be used with latex paints or stains in interior or exterior applications. This unit weighs only 15 pounds making it relatively portable compared to other models on the market today.
It comes standard with a .011 tip but accepts different size replacement nozzles from 000 – 050. A large view window makes it easier to see your work as you go along.
It also comes with a 25 ft. pressure hose, 25 ft. power cord, and an accessory kit to get you started. The low volume pump reduces overspray, waste, and cleanup time.
The best airless paint sprayer must perform well across all your tasks, attach easily to the exterior of your house, be easy for you to use yourself, have powerful internal components that don’t bog down under pressure even on high-paint jobs.
Can use different sized tips for painting various detail sizes, have exceptionally durable hoses that can handle being dragged around without getting ruined by kinks or breaks in the line.
- 5 x 16 x 19.5 design with a tip size of up to 0.015
- A 1/2 HP motor for 2800 PSI max pressure and unthinned paint stable spraying
- Reaching rough surfaces with ease and offering a smooth finish
- A 25-foot hose that’s easy to maneuver in large painting areas
- Best airless spray gun with a reversible tip for any potential clog removal
Pros and cons
- Ergonomic design for maneuvering and cleaning
- Several replacement parts are readily available
- The adjustable pressure control feature
- Required thinning of thick paint materials
- The potential issue with the spray gun
This model is a perfect choice for every daily painting job and is indeed cater to DIY hobbyists and the like, regarding its affordable price and how easy to handle and clean it.
Graco 262805 X7 Cart- Best airless paint sprayers
The Graco Magnum 262805 X7 will help any painters, especially home DIY’ers spare their time on their painting jobs, bringing new life to their decks, home cabinets, fences, or so many in a breeze. Like other Graco models, it Sprayer h. as many notable characteristics.
- A paint sprayer weighing 26 lbs, which is convenient to carry around
- Exceptional spraying result with the max flow rate of 0.31 GMP
- A 5/8 HP motor with the maximum pressure of 3000 PSI
- Both 25 ft DuraFlex hose and 0.017 Max tip size supported
- PowerFlush Adapter connected to a garden hose for convenient cleaning
Pros and cons
- Stainless-steel piston with a maximum .31 gal/min performance
- Control paint flow feature for optimal spraying
- The fascinatingly quick and easy clean-up process
- Occasional failure of the hook to hold a 5-gallon bucket
- A bit expensive airless paint sprayer model
Generally, this Graco Magnum 262805 X7 doesn’t cater to the full-time painters regarding the recommended 125 gallons for annual usage. It’s indeed a backup paint sprayer for those who don’t paint quite often.
Wagner 0529010- Best handheld paint sprayer
The Graco vs Wagner paint sprayer models are great, but if Graco models aren’t right up your alley, you can turn to the handheld Wagner FLEXiO 590. Nowhere nearly inferior to the same-class models on the class, this model possesses several striking features.
- Only 2.1 Lbs weight and a bit small dimensions of 15.9 x 6.7 x 13.9 inches
- Excellent spraying performance with both thinned and unthinned paints, including latex paints
- An iSpray nozzle and detail finish nozzle included for all kinds of spraying projects
- The capacity of covering an 8’ x 10’ surface in approximately 5 minutes
- The X-boost turbine with a 9-speed dial for air pressure and spraying intensity control
Pros and cons
- Ideal for both the interior and exterior painting
- Lightweight and hand-held design for easy carrying
- About 8 times more speedy than a standard brush
- A bit restricted speed handling feature
- The paint cup refilling required after every 4 minutes
Though it’s a small airless paint sprayer and has some drawbacks, the Wagner Spraytech 0529010 FLEXiO 590 is the best airless paint sprayer for house painting and other related painting jobs that amateur painters or DIY’ers like to do.
Titan ControlMax 1500 0580005- Best hvlp paint sprayer
Another budget-friendly best airless paint sprayer on our today recommendation list is the Titan ControlMax 1500 0580005. Why is it considered the best airless paint sprayer for DIY hobbyists and homeowners? Let’s check out its key features below.
- A 1/2 horsepower motor with the maximum air pressure of 2500 PSI
- Wonderful HEA’s new tip technology for overspray reduction up to 55%
- A maximum hose length of 75 ft for reaching even out-of-reach surfaces or places
- A reversible tip and built-in filter for better clog removal and smooth paint layer
- The ability to spray up to 0.29 gallons per minute with the flow rate of 0.29 GPM
Pros and cons
- Durable and easy-to-use design
- Convenience for setting up and cleaning
- Very suitable for those on budget
- A little short hose since it’s only 25 feet long
- Initially hard to get used to for beginners
Regardless of the hose length, the Titan ControlMax 1500 0580005 can be the best homeowner airless paint sprayer considering its affordable price and its HEA’s new tip feature.
Wagner 0529021 FLEXiO 890 Stationary HVLP Sprayer
The Wagner 0529021 FLEXiO 890 may not be the best airless paint sprayer because it actually has a lot of similar features to its airless counterparts. Before deciding to purchase it, you can take a look at their notable highlights below.
- Lightweight design with handle and cup only weighing 1.5 lbs
- An 11-1/2 ft hose connecting the turbine and the spray gun
- High capacity of covering, up to 8’ x 10’ surface in less than 5 minutes
- 2 front end nozzles: iSpray nozzle and detail finish nozzle for dealing with various projects
- The X-Boost Power Dial for easy control of the air pressure and it flow
Pros and cons
- Smooth finish for diverse types of paints
- Easy for spraying, carrying it around and cleaning
- Large storage compartments for more accessories
- A bit short 11-1/2 ft hose
- The paints spattering too much
In general, even though this Wagner 0529021 FLEXiO 890 Paint Sprayer offers a smooth finish, it doesn’t look suitable for painting larger areas concerning a large amount of paint wasted.
Graco Ultra Max II 490 PC Pro
The Graco Ultra Max II 490 model is the best airless paint sprayer for expert painters. They need a paint sprayer that can withstand the tear and wear during the challenging daily use in both residential buildings or industrial sites.
- Dimensions of 20 x 17.99 x 17.99 inches and 50 pounds in weight
- A motor of 1 hp for a robust pump with the maximum pressure of 3300 PSI
- A 50 ft Bluemax airless hose, a RAC spray tip, contractor gun as accessories
- The high pumping capacity of heaving painting materials, even unthinned ones
- Easy out pump filter feature for spilling reduction and sturdy steel gears for smooth running and
Pros and cons
- Digital display for pressure and paint control
- Consistent performance with unthinned paints
- Easy to clean with the flush high-flow cleaning system
- Slightly more expensive than other brand’s models
- A little bulky and heavy design to carry
Given its slightly high price and bulkiness, this Graco Ultra Max II 490 PC electric airless sprayer is not ideal for those who’re inexperienced in big painting projects or DIY hobbyists.
Wagner Spraytech 0518080 Control Sprayer
The Wagner Spraytech 0518080 Sprayer is also another product of Wagner that has been positively rated by users, both the amateur and pro painters for its highlighting features, so let’s figure them out.
- 5 x 12 x 12 inches in dimensions and 10 pounds in weight
- Robust 570W two-stage HVLP turbine for spraying paints of different viscosity
- Variable air pressure control feature for overspray prevention
- Diverse spray patterns with the air cap and the nozzle
- A 20 feet long and flexible air hose to reach the nearby objects and minimize hand fatigue
Pros and cons
- Great performance regardless of materials
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver
- Diverse spray modes and reduced overspray
- A bit short power cord
- Not suitable for spraying large areas
This Wagner Spraytech 0518080 has some flaws, but it’s still one of the best airless paint sprayer models on the current market considering its highlighting features for daily pain spraying jobs.
HomeRight C800971.A Super Finish Max Extra Power Painter- Best cordless airless paint
Compared to the C800766 Finish Max, the HomeRight C800971 Sprayer is one of the newest models of HomeRight brand with some updated features that’s worth our attention.
- A dimension of 9.5 x 6 x 12.5 inches and 3.3 pounds in weight
- The volume control knob for adjusting spray pattern from 1’’ to 12’ wide
- An adjustable air cap and modern a pickup tube and cup vent
- Great versatility with six types of spray tips available (3 tips included)
Pros and cons
- Great portability and lightweight
- Suitable for all kind of painting jobs
- Easy cleaning and maintenance
- A slightly expensive for budget people
- Lacking the viscosity cup
In conclusion, there’s nothing to complain about the HomeRight C800971 sprayer model except for its price. It would be perfectly ideal for all kinds of painters who want to possess a versatile sprayer for varying painting jobs.
Buying Guide for the best airless paint sprayer
If you’ve read our above reviews and still find it hard to make up your mind on the best airless paint sprayer brands, you can look at our buying guide below to shortlist your options and choose the most suitable one.
The best airless paint sprayers are generally sturdy, but you should consider what you’re going to paint to choose the sprayer with suitable power.
If you just paint something like your home cabinets or small pieces of furniture, your airless sprayers needn’t much horsepower. Meanwhile, for professional painters or those who work on more challenging tasks like painting the whole house, the more power, the better.
Also, you should bear in mind that sprayers with more power or pressure can save your time. To be more specific, with these sprayers, you may not need to engage in the thinning process before spraying.
Therefore, you should consider that feature when opting for the best airless sprayer in general and airless paint sprayer in particular.
Another essential thing to care about is the sprayers’ capacity to hold paints. If you prefer portability, you have to get a sprayer with the reduced capability to hold paint. Hence, you have to refill your sprayer more frequently, which may frustrate you when you’re hurried.
On the other hand, the airless paint sprayers with more bulkiness and more weight can hold more volume of paints. With these hard-to-carry models, you can more spray large areas continually without having to refill it too much often.
3. Spray tips
The best airless paint sprayer cannot work with other materials outside of it, the good stains, for instance. Therefore, the spray tips are also worth your attention. Typically, these tips are affected by the types of sprayers and it we want to use.
Spray tips usually have numbers on them, from which you know the opening sizes. For instance, if your sprayer’s tip is 0.015”, then its opening is fifteenth of an inch.
However, if our tip specification is 515, then the first number is the spray fan’s with and the two following letters indicating the measurement of the opening.
When it comes to the best airless paint sprayer, there are many products mainly made of plastics, especially those of the low-end segment for those on a tight budget. These products are characteristically smaller, more lightweight, and only suitable for the basic needs of painting in the households.
However, the sprayers made of metal are a bit bulky and hard to move from place to place, but they can meet your needs for more challenging painting jobs and are endurable to any wear and tear in the open environment.
How do you clean an airless paint sprayer?
If you have ever painted, it is almost sure that you have used an airless paint sprayer. These are versatile tools for painters to get professional-like results on their walls. They are so popular because they can apply the paint in a fine mist, ideal for smooth surfaces like drywall.
That being said, if you use them carelessly, they will leave behind dribbles and streaks of paint on your walls that will need to clean out before they dry up, or else you’ll end up with permanent damage. You can learn how to clean airless paint sprayers by reading this article.
01- Wash the paint sprayer
You need to make sure your airless paint sprayer is off and unplugged, for starters. When washing them, do not use bleach-based chemicals because they will damage the seals on the device.
Baby wipes are suitable for cleaning out hard-to-reach areas though if you run out of other options, running some water through it would be better than nothing if you run out of alternatives.
As long as you get rid of all the dried-up paint residue in there, your device should be ready for more work after drying up completely.
02- Change parts of paint sprayer that are damaged or worn out
It is possible that despite following steps one and two thoroughly, some dried paint remains in your airless paint sprayer after cleaning it. If this is the case, you might have to resort to changing certain parts of your device that have been damaged or worn out due to too much use.
Luckily, most parts of an airless paint sprayer are replaceable, so it should not be too difficult for you to find a replacement part if needed. Just make sure you do some research online or at your local hardware store before making any purchases.
03- Use an airless paint sprayer with caution
Even if you have followed all the steps mentioned previously, it is still essential to use your airless paint sprayer with caution.
This means being mindful of the amount of pressure you are applying when spraying and being aware of your surroundings so that you do not accidentally spray paint on something you do not want to be painted.
With a little bit of practice, you will be able to use your airless paint sprayer like a pro and achieve beautiful results without any streaks or dribbles.
04- Store your airless paint sprayer when not in use
It is also essential to store your airless paint sprayer when you are done using it after you have cleaned it thoroughly. This will prevent any dirt or moisture from getting inside the device and causing further damage, which could render it unusable.
This step should be a habit even before you clean out your airless paint sprayer. That way, cleaning up at the end of the day will be a breeze, and doing so won’t pose any problems for you whatsoever.
05- Enjoy your beautiful walls!
Now that you know how to clean airless paint sprayers, you can go ahead and enjoy painting your walls with this nifty little device. Just be careful and use it correctly so that you don’t have to worry about cleaning up any messes afterward.
With a bit of practice, you’ll be able to apply the paint like a pro and achieve beautiful results in no time at all!
The FAQ’s: about best airless paint sprayer
Q1: Could you tell me the way paint sprayers work?
How a paint sprayer works depending on which type it’s.
Airless sprayers work by pumping out it at extremely high pressure and fanning out the droplets to create an even coating on the objects’ surface. Usually, they are better at dealing with thick paints than their compressed and HVLP rivals.
Compressed air sprayers work by utilizing compressed air to apply it droplets, creating smooth and even finish. However, they are a little messier than the other types, which is why they are usually the cheapest models.
High volume low-pressure sprayers (HVLP) work by carrying paint droplets with a stable air volume, which helps these droplets stick to the surface and create a smooth finish. Typically, they don’t waste much paint, but often the most pricey variant.
Q2: What are the tips to achieve the best paint spraying results?
For an optimal spraying result, you should carry out a spray test to check out how it’s going to look. Remember that clogging can greatly impact the painting result, so it’s crucial to get the target surface cleaned and dirt-free. Besides, regularly maintaining your airless paint sprayer is also highly recommended.
Q3: Do I need to wear safety equipment when paint spraying?
Of course, yes. As it fumes can be hazardous and many airless paint sprayers can overspray, we strongly advise you to put on protective clothing, a pair of goggles, and a face mask to protect your health.
Q4: Do the filters need cleaning regularly?
We think that you should have your sprayers’ filters cleaned right after you use them. This will help prolong your device’s longevity and make it more convenient for you to the next time.
Q5: Which materials do airless paint sprayers support?
This depends on your sprayers’ brand and models since each of them features a different type of spray tips. Typically, you need a diversity of tips for separate materials such as gloss, emulsion, or varnish.
Some customer reviews
I would choose the best airless paint sprayer models regarding affordability since I am on a tight budget and don’t need to spray paints every so often. And for me, the best Graco paint sprayers in terms of price would suit my needs.
Since I need to paint quite often, I would choose the sprayer that’s long-lasting yet a bit pricey and bulky. After asking my colleagues’ for advice, I decided to purchase the Graco Ultra Max II 490 sprayer. And beyond my expectation, it was fascinating durable and allowed a super smooth finish.
For me, having the best airless paint sprayers is really convenient, and I didn’t regret it when choosing them instead of compressed air sprayers and high volume low-pressure sprayers. And my advice is to buy them from reputed brands like Graco paint sprayer or Wagner for the best quality stuff.
Our final thought
As you can see, you’ll benefit a lot from the best airless paint sprayer models, though it’s not always easy for you to decide which sprayer to choose. We hope that our 2022 best airless paint sprayer article above will help you pick the most suitable products and know how to maintain them.